(I also read about 100 pages of New Moon, the second of that teeny bopper vampire series I've gotten sucked into. Shhh, don't tell anyone. I can feel my literary snob street cred slipping away.)
Anyway, here's one of my attempts at a plainer style of poetry (no, they weren't all this short):
Broken Watch
It sits
dismantled
When I got to the second line, I stared at it for about 10 minutes thinking, what comes next? Then I realized nothing did. That was it. The poem was done. What more was there to say if I wasn't allowed to blather on with metaphors about lost time and frozen time and the freedom of the wrist from timely oppression? Nothing, that's what.
Last but not least, a couple self-portraits. Monday's is a drawing done because my camera was out on loan. The subject matter springs from a recent feeling that I am in fact getting older. Today's is my art/homework corner, plus my delicious dinner. Yum.


No comments:
Post a Comment