Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In which the intertuberwebernets catch a bad cold and refuse to work

So, the internet's out at my house. As I write this, I'm sitting in the Mt. Washington Starbucks, listening to some wailin' harmonica. (Side note on Starbucks: They work their hardest to convince you that you're enjoying coffee out of a mug with character, even though you can see that it's clearly cardboard.)

It's been a busy few days. I joined Ave and his mom, sister, and sister's friend in some bacchanalian revelry at Great Grapes in Leesburg, VA. Truth be told, the only thing we had to drink was apple cider. Which was delicious. (Happy birthday Lizzy!) I also rode the train back to Baltimore (I love riding trains), did laundry, cooked spaghetti, painted a picture, and sculpted the silliest looking face you ever did see.

Now I'm playing catch-up with self-portraits and the like. Saturday covers my favorite part of the day: apple picking. Sunday is fun with photoshop collages and was inspired by my ride on the train/Wes Anderson's the Darjeeling Limited. Monday's I took because often I love the way the colors look on the palette more than the way they look on whatever I painted. Today's? Well, I don't smile often enough. (p.s. someday I will figure out how to get my photos to tile instead of just stacking on top of one another.)




You can see them (and some other photos) bigger here.

And now I'm officially plugging myself and inviting you to come out to the Baltimore Book Festival on Sunday. I'll be reading my poetry, and if my plan works out as I'm hoping, I'll even be selling a limited number of hand-made chapbooks. Here's the info:

U.B. Hour at the Baltimore Book Festival
Featuring faculty Marion Winik, Jane Delury, and Steve Matanle and students Meredith Purvis, Lindsey Wittstruck, Natalie Minor, Amity Bitzel, Mary Bargteil, and Josh Murray
Sunday, September 28, 12:30pm
Mt. Vernon Square Park on Charles Street

You can get more information and full schedule at www.citylitproject.org or www.baltimorebookfestival.com

No comments: