Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pain so bad you can't think

#52 self portrait burning

I dumped scalding hot soup on my foot last night. The pain was phenomenal. I've never felt anything like it. And it was exacerbated by the fact that I had my sock on. The sock held the boiling liquid in place, melting my foot as a I screamed and fought to tug it off. Now my foot is bright red and has some bubbles forming. I don't know how I'm going to wear a shoe today. I considered asking to work from home, but I don't think they'll believe me.

I have decided I would not choose death by fire. Thank you very much, Mr. Frost, but you can keep that. Although, given the very small taste I got of it, I feel fairly certain that anything more would just shut down your brain completely.

No comments: